70 YEARS KENWOOD – Passion Fruit Soufflé
Admin-SwissTavolata | 22.03.2017 |
Passion Fruit Soufflé
Makes 4 portions
- 60g butter, melted
- 200g caster sugar
- 8 medium egg whites
- 4 egg yolks
- 100ml passion fruit juice
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Extra caster sugar for dusting
- Brush 4 x 250ml (9cm in diameter) soufflé dishes with the melted butter. Make upward brush strokes up the sides of the dish and dust with the extra caster sugar. Pour out any excess sugar. Place these in the fridge to set.
- Place the whisk onto the CHEF Titanium and add the egg whites to the bowl. Whisk on a medium speed until soft peaks form. Sprinkle in half of the sugar and continue to whisk for a further minute. Transfer the whipped whites to another bowl.
- Add the egg yolks and remaining sugar to the bowl of the CHEF Titanium and whisk for 3-4 minutes, until the mixture is pale and thick. Pour in the passion fruit juice and mix again for 30 seconds.
- Add ¼ of the egg whites to the bowl and whisk again until just incorporated. Swap the whisk for the folding tool and add another half of the remaining egg whites and mix again on a low speed. When it looks like half the whites have mixed in well, add the remaining egg whites and mix on low again until it’s incorporated.
- Remove the soufflé dishes from the fridge and fill each one with the mixture. Using a palette knife, flatten the top for an even finish. Run your finger around the edge of each dish to lift the mixture away from the side slightly (this will help it rise evenly).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the pre heated oven (200°C) until well risen and golden on top.
More News Posts